Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pi

I managed to memorize the first 116 digits of Pi within a week.

Took me awhile

But it's cool.

And the reason for doing so? Well, none actually.
If you've been a consistent reader of this blog, you would've noticed that many of the things I do, I do it for no reason, a style of going a long way for minor and trival goals, hardly anything to brag about.

Of course, it's not always the goal that matters. There's a difference between getting muscles through intensive workout sessions and getting it from steroids. The journey counts as well and memorizing pi has some really cool immediate effects like slightly better memory. It's one of the many things you can do that builds your brain power.

Other things that have happened to me recently:
Eh
Not much
Nothing
Hm..
???
Wut?
I don't know
Wait
Maybe
There is

Can't remember.



Oh yes, I'm having exams this week and the next. What am I doing here?

I've been going through each day on very little sleep, around 4-6 hours maximum. I've been studying in school like crazy and whether it has really helped or not I don't know but I still push through. Sadly, most of my efforts are being wasted as I don't seem to be retaining anything that I study. Oh well, bad study is better than none at all. I really need to get out and study with some people. At home or alone, studying would be the last thing on my mind, really. I would rather do nothing than study and it has happened to me all the time.

I stayed back in school one night to study with no one to talk to and for 3, almost 4 hours, I sat there with some papers in front of me. I slept for 20 minutes because I was drowsy and I daydreamed about other stuff for the rest of the time. After the session, the questions I actually did can be counted with your hands. What a waste, just because I was alone. And it sucks.

Too many distractions at home, too many things to think about alone.

And all this while on functioning on the little sleep I get every night. My sleep habits are getting really out of hand and even my friend whom I'm only acquainted to has to text me at night to get me to sleep.

I don't remember studying this hard last year. It's probably the most effort I've ever put into one exam.

Alot of people ask me how I can still survive on little sleep without falling ill or falling asleep in class or lectures and I've got nothing to answer them with. It's really been God. He's been good to me, providing the strength I need to carry on each day and though I may fall asleep at times in school after lessons, I'm very thankful that he wakes me up and makes me continue. Each step I take hurts but it gets me going. It's been working too. I've seen myself praying better and experiencing him more. It's his love that never fails and his strength drives me on.

Enough Said..

No comments: