Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Jokes

Lame jokes.

Why are lame jokes lame?

What makes them lame?

Personally, I'd prefer not to classify jokes into whether they're "lame" or not. I don't like people who constantly say some jokes are "lame", even if they really are. I think it really kills the atmosphere and everytime I hear someone say that, I refrain from sharing with them jokes that I know of.

I think alot of jokes that people consider "lame" are actually quite smart. A witty play on words and meanings to form a simple yet meaningful pun.

You think I'm probably saying this because no one laughs at my jokes. Actually, I don't really care if they do or not. I'd rather they see how I came up with it and appreciate the humour. I don't think laughing is necessary to show that humour is present. I think humour is smart, and what makes people laugh up to them. With that said, yes, you can't make everybody laugh with your joke, even if they do get it.

For me, my jokes focus more on the intellectual side of the theoretical meaning of being humorous. Rather than attempting to make people laugh, I just want them to enjoy themselves. A good joke is a joke that I understand, not something that will induce the laugh.

This is why I enjoy those jokes in that motivational poster form. I think they're pretty smart, even though I seldom see people laugh from looking at them, even if they understood it.

Any joke I understand is a good joke, whether people laugh or not. For me, no joke is "lame", only smart and quirky.

Why do people call "lame" jokes "lame" anyway? Is it because they're not funny enough to induce laugher? Is it because of the awkward silence that follows when no one laughs? That's pretty stupid isn't it? Why doesn't anyone look at the play on words that helps make that joke intelligent? Why must they focus on themselves laughing? What is their problem??!

For you people who has or constantly jokes as "lame", your poor understanding of humour and selfishness to make yourself laugh isn't welcomed. Go crack your own jokes then, or crack the ground so it'll swallow you up and die. You know who you are, and you stink.

Enough said.

No comments: