Saturday, January 16, 2010

Right brain guessing

I've read up a little on people who are right brain dominant, and one of their traits is having hunches, or guesses, that are more accurate than usual. Sometimes they're just guesses, purely coincidental, with no prior knowledge about the event. Other times, they're just very quick deductions in the subconscious that are being calculated to produce a smart guess of a predicted outcome which is considered guessing or coincidental not by chance but because the person does not know he did all that calculations.

Another variation of that comes when the person knows the answer but doesn't know how he got it. He just knows it's the answer.

Hunches? Guesses? Pure coincidence? Quick, subconscious calculations? Knowledge from God?? Which one??

I've got some personal experiences, some of them minor, some of slightly more major, but none of them life changing or really huge, but I still notice all of them, or everytime it happens to me. It's not always correct, it's not always wrong. It's in between, although if I were to weigh mine out, it would be leaning towards having more of them correct than wrong.

I've had experiences where my guesses/hunches were purely coincidental and correct. I've had situations where I had a prompting that one of the choices in the decisions was better than the other, and it was correct. I've had situations where I know the solution to a problem, but don't know how I got there, and the answers were correct. I've had times when I had to say something, a guess, about something/someone/an event/etc, and it was correct. I've had experiences when I've thought of something happening for no reason (not to be confused with Deja Vu), and it happened. I've had times when I had to make a two choice decision, answer a two choice question or predict a two scenario situation where I've got no prior knowledge to the questions and problems, and still got them correct.

Coincidence? Chance? Calculations? Prompting???????????

I must say that some are coincidences. I had to choose between this or that and I choose without much thinking (not something I would do often) and it turns out to be the superior option. Those are mainly guesses. Other instances will be guessing the correct answer to questions. What questions? A whole variety. Science questions, maths questions etc.. I once guessed the answer to a math question that requires some working after reading the question and got it correct, but that had abit of hinting as reading the question already gives you a slight idea of what answer you might expect of it.

Ive had instances where I had performed quick calculations in my head to math questions without knowing the meaning of the steps I'm working out and got the correct answer. I still call it very much of a guess because I'm not sure how I got the answer except through unknown workings which I don't know the meaning of. The last time I remember this happening was about a week ago during physics class where I did some quick mental calculations and got the answer but the calculations made no sense at that time. Usually I forget the steps after I've thought of the answer. They just come and go very quickly. I've experienced some when I remembered the steps I did and they were wrong but the answer was correct. I've had other experiences when I remember the steps I did and they were correct too, with the correct answer, but it took me awhile to actually figure out what I was doing or calculating. I mean, I calculate without even knowing what I'm doing.

Once, I remember, during math class, I managed to get the answer. I don't know how I got it. I asked the teacher if what I had in mind was the answer. He said it was and he got a huge shock when I asked him how to do the question because he thought I knew how to do the question by getting the correct answer. In that situation, I have never known what the answer was, I didn't hear a word about anyone saying anything about the answer, I've got no hints at all basically, except from reading the question, which also said nothing about the answer. I just guessed and got it correct after some thinking. I don't even know what I was thinking of, the number just popped into my head.

There are times when I had to do something, and I had to make a decision of what I should do and there were two options and I had to choose one. These I remember having the most of. When I first got them a long time ago when I was younger, I paid no attention to the prompting and went with what I calculated to be the best option, which wasn't always right. It was only until recently, or a few years back did I actually start to follow them when I realised an increasing trend of me choosing the wrong option and ignoring the slight prompting when I get it. I get these alot and even today, I still doubt some of them. Sometimes, like today, I ignore them and realised I should've just went with the prompting because I ignored it and the consequences wasn't desirable.

What does this prompting feel like? It just feels like something in your heart telling you to go with a certain choice. You don't know why your heart is telling you to go with that choice and you doubt it, so you calculate the best option with your head by weighing out the advantages and consequences and sometimes, even though they may logically be the best choice, it's not the right one and you see that you should've just followed what your heart says.

I remember a time when for no reason, a thought just popped into my head and happened later during the day. It's kinda like Deja Vu but not really. Here's one which I experienced last week. On the way to class, I suddenly thought of my friend borrowing stationary from me. Not really a thought, but I just suddenly remembered the last time she asked to borrow a pencil from me, and I lent her. I was thinking and remembering the event, and I actually planned out what I would do this time if she asked me again, like what to say and all, without ever knowing she was going to ask. I just somehow felt that I should prepare what to say and I was kinda hoping it was going to happen again, I don't know why. I mean, it's not a good thing to hope for them to forget their stuff but I was really thinking that she was going to ask me again, and what I would do and true enough, when I reached class, my friend did ask me to borrow stationary again. Strange.

I've had countless instances too when doing multiple choice questions and I don't know what the correct answer is and I feel something telling me that one option is the correct answer but I was thinking of something else as the answer and I looked and tried to see which was the better answer and I concluded that the answer I had thought of was better and when I get back the results, I see that I should've chosen the answer that I felt in my heart because it was the correct one.

But what are these things? Why am I feeling these promptings? Are they just coincidences? I don't know. I understand that those I have calculated but am unable to explan my calculations aren't really much of being prompted but why do they happen? What's with all these guesses showing a very strange trend of being correct? Is it intuition?

Is it God speaking?

Is it the Spirit prompting?

Sometimes I get something at the back of my head telling me I shouldn't do something, even though in my mind, I think that I really should along many things tell me I should, I held back and it really turns out to be better that I did hold back.

I don't know what this really is. All these guesses, all these prompting. Could it be the gift of knowledge? Personally, I doubt. It doesn't match my understanding of what I think it is and I won't question it. It doesn't match any of the other possible theories of why I get these things a lot more than other people. I mean, alot of people get it, sure, but I'm pretty sure it happens to me alot more with a greater load of intensity and coincidences too huge and too frequent to be called coincidences anymore. Why do people who are right brain dominant get it?

I really don't know how all these promptings and all these coincidences work. I really don't know. Many of them are uncalled for. They just cross my mind and I feel this strong sense in my that I should be doing something or following a certain option, or even a prompting in me, like someone pushing me to do something that I don't want to or someone holding me back from doing something I don't want to and I follow it and it turns out to be the best thing to do at that time.

It's kinda hard to explain.

"In God, there are no coincidences."

No comments: