Sunday, August 2, 2009

RRRIRRRRIIIGHT LANE!!

Today was really tiring.

School was long and boring and I couldn't wait for it to finish.

After I went home, I went on skype with some of my classmates and we discussed about the class outing later.

Yes, later, as in at night. We planned to stay up the whole night until the next day and we can all go for CIP together because the CIP reporting time was very early in the morning. I was talking to Daryl about how we must cramp in as much sleep as we can get and the best time is to rest your eyes while waiting and idling. He didn't believe me.

I met up with Daryl and went to cinelesuire, where the others were waiting for us already. Sat down and had a meal and went to watch a movie: The Haunting of Connecticut. We were lauging like crazy at the start. It was cool. We sat at the first row but it was alright. I was sending relay messages during the movie and I got a few texts meself, 2 from the CIP program organisers.

After the movie, we checked our reporting time and realised we still had a bit of time and were wondering what to do. We went up and played some pool. Time passed fairly quickly and I was getting lethargic.

We finished, bought some food, split ourselves into groups and went to the reporting venue by taxi. Our drivers were speeding like Chuck Norris on red bull (his own pee) and we almost hit another cab of volunteers in front of us.

We waited until it was time for us to report and collected the shirt and tags etc and split outselves into our post.

While waiting for the others to finish changing etc, we sat at a table together and everyone was drowsy and dying but I was the only one still active and everyone asked me if it was normal for me to be a hype at 4 in the morning. I told them that the sleeping thing work, the one where you just close your eyes whenever you can, like when idling earlier in the night. Actually, it didn't. It barely helped. Oh well, everyone looked like someone's been trying to saw off their heads with a baseball bat and were too tired to understand.

I was a transition area marshal and our first taskwas to put markers on the transition area. We ushered the participants to their bike stands and helped people transition from the swimming activity to the biking activity safely and correctly.

Me and Mohsin were told to go across the bridge to make sure the people were going across correctly. Both of us were encouraging them not to stop at the same time telling them to keep on the right lane. As things heated up and more time passed, we thought of various ways to say "Right lane" to the participants. It was really funny. Some of the runners even responded which made it even more fun.

There was a break and I wanted to get a drink so I went down the ramp and wanted to cross the track but a volunteer manager saw me walking and asked if I was supposed to be there and I said yes and she made me stand at the side of the road telling people not to cross .___.

I stood there for awhile and when no one was looking, crossed, get a drink from the drink station and crossed back. No one noticed, or rather, pretended not to notice. WWHEEEEOOWHEEEOOWHEEOO

We continued doing the "Right lane" thing after lunch and after the last event, had to go and paste some markers on the bicycle collection rack for the second event the next day. They decided to give us an extra $5 of allowance for that.

Pwnt you guys cause the rest only got $15.

Went to the nearby food village after that and had a meal. (I just realised 3 minutes ago that the food village was actually the hawker center everyone was referring to, especially the taxi driver. I was looking for something else and thought it was probably further down since I didn't see any.) Mohsin asked me how long I've not slept for and I told him 36 hours and he said he hadn't slept for 36 hours too and it was his first time.

Went for FOP after that. I was stoned. I really was.

And that's 42 hours without sleep. Any more and I would be seeing the Haunting of Connecticut everywehre I go..

Enough said.

No comments: