Friday, December 4, 2009

I died a little on the inside

This is great! I just won my 15th game of Klondike today.

I love Solitaire it's awesome. Simple to play and it makes you think alot too!

I didn't plan to do much today but looks like there was actually stuff that happened!

I woke up and got a call from my dad asking to go to the Japanese Embassy to submit a picture of myself. I reached there 10 minutes before they broke off for lunch and the guard was telling me to hurry up and he was rushing me really badly. I guess it was partly his stomach pushing me as well.

The place was surprisingly small! There was almost nobody there. I walked in and gave my picture. The girl behind the counter didn't even ask for my particulars. She already knew who I was. I guess my dad had told her alot about me. Then again, there was hardly anyone there so if my dad had mentioned me earlier, very few candidates would fit the bill.

I got out in less than five minutes. It was surprisingly fast. I sent a text message to my dad and he was surprised at the speed too.

I walked down the lane to Orchard road. I didn't think it was quite long but when I reached Orchard and looked back, I couldn't even see the embassy or it's surrounding buildings anymore. While waiting to cross the road, I saw Hassan's Carpets. It's the carpet shop owned by Mohsin's uncle. Really, my friends weren't joking at the size of the sign. It's name in neon was huge! I looked for a place to cross at so I could take a look but it was too far away. I wanted to go to it later but I didn't. I had forgotten about it.

I took a walk down Orchard road again and looked at some stalls. It's the 3rd time this week I've been here. Last 2 times were yesterday and the day before, making it 3 consecutive days. i went into Borders again, hoping to find the Principia. I couldn't get it yesterday and was hoping I would miss something today. Yesterday, they told me they had one copy but it wasn't available anymore meaning someone has bought it. I remembered that when I walked in but when I reached the shelf, it didn't even cross my mind and I searched like I did yesterday. I didn't find the Principia though but I did find another book by the same author, Issac Newton. It was called OPTICKS. It was one of his other books. I flipped through the pages and it was alot easier to understand than the Principia, though it's format was much the same. I stood back and looked at the whole shelf. I remember my friend telling me how big Borders bookstore was and I looked around. Yes, it is huge but the book I'm looking for is only found at one shelf, and it isn't even available. I guess it's not much of an interesting read for us Singaporeans.

I went home after that.


















...


I'm actually seeing some parts of my life repeating. And I don't want that to happen. They're parts of my life I do not wish to remember, or happen again.

Really, does it cost this much to be different? I guess my presence has been neglected to being in the subconscious of others.














Oh yes, I helped two of my friends get closer together today. It was over the internet and they were hundreds of miles away. I'm glad they're happy together. If only it was always that simple!


Oh well..




Today and most of the times I'm out by myself, I realise how childish and naive my thoughts can be. The things I do. Even at home sometimes, when I'm on my own especially. I start to think like a child again, the same way I did when I was 6 or 7, like some sort of a big baby. Honestly, you wouldn't even know I would be where I am now.


Such meekness...
























Enough said.

No comments: